As a precautionary measure due to COVID-19, we will be avoiding gathering in large numbers this year for Ganapati celebrations. Ganapati Puja and Cultural Programs will be broadcasted "live" via Zoom.
First day Puja & Cultural Program: August 23, 2020, Sunday
The following events will be broadcasted via Zoom from 10:00 am onwards. The Zoom meeting link will be shared via email to all the members before the program and the same link will also be posted on the MMPGH Facebook group.
- 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM: Dhol Tasha and Atharvashirsha
- 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM: Puja and Aarati
- 12:15 PM to 2:00 PM: Cultural Program
Cultural Program Details:
- This year we have ‘Ganapati’ as a theme for our cultural program, meaning one can perform BhaktiSangeet, dance, art, craft, Kavita vachan, lekh vachan but it should be based on the theme Ganapati.
- We are requesting all members to send us entries for any performances they would like to broadcast.
- Age group: 5 years and above, with a time limit of 5 minutes (In order to be able to accept entries from more members, this time limit will be strictly enforced.)
- All performers must send their video performances at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 21, 2020.
Last day Visarjan: August 29, 2020, Saturday
- 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM: स्वर-साधना
- 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM: Puja, Arati, and Visarjan
We are very excited and proud to present 'Swar-Sadhana' - a purely Classical/Semi-Classical Musical program from three of our local MMPGH members. This show will be broadcasted online via Zoom and will be followed by Ganapati Aarati and Visarjan. The link will be shared in advance for this show.
Other planned online activities for Ganapati Festival
MMPGH Cooking Competition: [August 16th - 23rd]
All cooking enthusiastic MMPGH members are being invited to show off their cooking talent which most of you must have polished during these ‘stay at home’ months.
- Upload Cooking Video: One member can upload one recipe from Aug 16th – Aug 23rd on the MMPGH Facebook page.
- Your video can not be more than 5 minutes long (strictly enforced). You are allowed to edit your video to be able to fit under these time limits.
- Age Limit: 5 years and above
- Any dessert, appetizer, soup, main dish, salad, basically any dish (Vegetarian or Non-vegetarian) will be accepted.
- You must upload your video to the MMPGH Facebook group page. If you have difficulty uploading your video, it can be sent on email@example.com and MMPGH will upload it for you. However, MMPGH will not be able to perform any edits on the video.
- Winners: All the members will watch the recipes and the recipe that will receive the most number of ‘Likes’ will be the winning Recipe!! Winner will be declared on August 29,2020.
- Please remember MMPGH Facebook group is a closed group and only members will be able to like any posts.
MMPGH Debate Competition: August 28th, 2020, Friday
(Click here for more information)
- MMPGH will be holding a debate competition on August 28, 2020, at 7:30 PM.
- This will be an easy-going debate event with very funny topics.
- Rules and guidance have previously been shared via email and also can be found on the MMPGH Facebook page and our website.
- Please send your entries at firstname.lastname@example.org